About Our Company
From a six-person firm started on January 1, 1985, in Salt Lake City, WSRP has grown to be one of the largest and most respected CPA firms in Utah with over 100 staff and 15 Partners. Based on our history, we understand the needs of both large and small businesses. We offer a broad range of expertise in traditional audit and tax services as well as business consultation. With clients across the globe, we take pride in our success and know that it is due to the incredible capabilities and talents of the team of professionals at WSRP. They are highly motivated individuals who are dedicated to outstanding client service.
Job Title: Tax Manager
A Tax Manager at WSRP is responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objectives, evaluating, and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. This role is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues and recognizing and communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy. In addition, the manager will be involved in marketing, networking, and business development within an area of expertise and specialization and may be asked to provide written tax advice to clients.
What You Will Do:
- Monitor all tax operations ensuring their timely completion and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Perform tax planning٫ review current structure of tax returns and develop methods to optimize it
- Interact with & build relationships with clients
- Perform tax planning & identify potential planning issues with clients.
- Assisting clients with IRS & State audits
- Work with firm’s client accounting services in providing additional services such as bookkeeping, payroll, etc.
- Expand knowledge in different areas of tax in order to better serve the firm’s client base.
- All other tasks as assigned
What You Will Bring:
- 3+ years’ experience of working on a Tax Manager position
- Profound experience in tax accounting٫ tax compliance and all kinds of tax return operations
- Good experience in customer services area and ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Good practical experience with tax software
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with close attention to details
- Ability to meet deadlines and find solutions to problems
- BA degree in Accounting or MA degree in Taxation
- CPA License
Benefits of Joining WSRP:
- Unlimited PTO (with some blackout periods)
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid life insurance and short term and long-term disability coverage
- Dependent Care Assistance Plan
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Paid professional development and memberships (including annual Park City offsite)
- Contribution to phone plan and gym membership
- Sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities to be mentored by accounting professionals with years of experience
- Above-average pay
- Easy freeway access, close to TRAX, and FrontRunner
- Free parking
WSRP offers a compelling total rewards package that includes great base pay and bonus opportunity.
Our Competitive Advantage is Our People
We have created a framework to continuously grow our teams to expand their knowledge. We believe that a segmented development approach, coupled with individual attention, is the best way to build a top-performing firm. Our leadership development framework consists of increasing our competencies in six areas, and we achieve this through training, mentoring, on-the-job learning, and stretch assignments.
- Salt Lake City, UT
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.