About Our Company
From a six-person firm started on January 1, 1985, in Salt Lake City, WSRP has grown to be one of Utah’s largest and most respected CPA firms with over 100 staff and 17 Partners. Based on our history, we understand the needs of both large and small businesses. We offer a broad range of expertise in traditional audit and tax services as well as business consultation. With clients across the globe, we take pride in our success and know that it is due to the incredible capabilities and talents of the team of professionals at WSRP. They are highly motivated individuals who are dedicated to outstanding client service.
Job Title: Tax Senior
A Tax Senior at WSRP is responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing, and communicating potential risks, preparing tax accrual workpapers, and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review. In this role, the Tax Senior may be charged with supervising and reviewing the work of tax associates.
What You Will Do:
- During tax season (January to April and September to October), this position will require you to work up to 50 to 60 hours a week.
- Work closely with audit staff on changes to their returns
- Working on High Net Worth individual tax for fund managers and investors
- Work closely with Tax Partners and clients
- Oversight of Sales/Use and Property tax returns
- Interact with outside tax advisors and provide assistance related to tax issues
- Tax planning and research for domestic and foreign entities
- Prepare a response to tax authority notices and inquiries
- Coordinate tax return preparation, tax audits, and responses to notices with external tax advisors
- Identify tax planning opportunities
- Track partnership/partner tax bases
- Respond to all tax notices from the IRS and various tax jurisdictions and any audit requests
- Prepare tax provisions required for Blocker’s Financial Statement reporting requirements
- Research new tax law changes that affect our Fund’s reporting requirements
- All other tasks as assigned
What You Will Bring:
- Maintain a professional appearance during heavy client contact
- Develop and maintain knowledge of/across various industries, including distribution, real estate, retail, and other commercial businesses
- Responsible for tax compliance, associate development, management of client relationships, and some direct client contact
- They will participate in training and developing staff and building a team-centered client service team
- Minimum 3 years of Public Accounting Experience with a tax focus and supervisory experience
- Experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPA preferred
Benefits of Joining WSRP:
- Unlimited PTO (with some blackout periods)
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Dependent Care Assistance Plan
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Paid professional development and memberships (including annual firm and department-wide events)
- Contribution to the phone plan and gym membership
- Sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities to be mentored by accounting professionals with years of experience
- Above-average pay
- Easy freeway access, close to TRAX, and FrontRunner
- Free Parking
WSRP offers a compelling total rewards package that includes great base pay and bonus opportunity.
Our Competitive Advantage is Our People
We have created a framework to grow our teams to expand their knowledge continuously. We believe that a segmented development approach, coupled with individual attention, is the best way to build a top-performing firm. Our leadership development framework consists of increasing our competencies in six areas, and we achieve this through training, mentoring, on-the-job learning, and stretch assignments.
· Salt Lake City, UT
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.