About Our Company
From a six-person firm started on January 1, 1985, in Salt Lake City, WSRP has grown to be one of the largest and most respected CPA firms in Utah with over 100 staff and 15 Partners. Based on our history, we understand the needs of both large and small businesses. We offer a broad range of expertise in traditional audit and tax services as well as business consultation. With clients across the globe, we take pride in our success and know that it is due to the incredible capabilities and talents of the team of professionals at WSRP. They are highly motivated individuals who are dedicated to outstanding client service.
Job Title: Assurance Senior
As an Assurance Senior at WSRP you will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day duties of planning, fieldwork, and “wrap-up” to including the preparation of financial statements and disclosures, the application of GAAP as necessary and the documentation, validation, testing, and assessment of control systems. You will also act as the client point of contact for basic questions and information. You may also be involved in reviews, compilations, and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
What You Will Do:
- Experience within a public accounting firm and have expertise in all aspects of external audit engagements
- Act as the “in-charge” on various assurance engagements
- Analyze and diagnose complex accounting issues and suggest potential solutions
- Mentor and train staff on various audit areas and collaborate on assurance engagements
- Review staff work, perform testing of high-risk audit areas, and draft financial statements
- Attend training seminars, professional development, and networking events
What You Will Bring:
- CPA preferred, or actively pursuing CPA license
- Two (2) or more years of experience in public accounting, with preferably one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures including planning and coordinating various auditing procedures.
- Strong knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, Yellow Book, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong ability to multi-task while working independently and within a group
- Detail-oriented, especially in a demanding environment
- Ability to handle sensitive financial information
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- Seeking Master’s degree
- Up to 25% of your time may include travel for customer visits, meetings, or other work-related events (clients are typically located along the Wasatch Front).
Benefits of Joining WSRP:
- Unlimited PTO (with some blackout periods)
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid life insurance and short term and long-term disability coverage
- Dependent Care Assistance Plan
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Paid professional development and memberships (including annual Park City offsite)
- Contribution to phone plan and gym membership
- Sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities to be mentored by accounting professionals with years of experience
- Above-average pay
- Easy freeway access, close to TRAX, and FrontRunner
- Free parking
Our Competitive Advantage is Our People
We have created a framework to continuously grow our teams to expand their knowledge. We believe that a segmented development approach, coupled with individual attention, is the best way to build a top-performing firm. Our leadership development framework consists of increasing our competencies in six areas, and we achieve this through training, mentoring, on-the-job learning, and stretch assignments.
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Ogden, UT
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.