As an Assurance Senior, you will either prepare or supervise audit engagements depending on the type and size of the engagement and your level of experience as a Senior. You will be expected to assist in designing the audit approach and planning all aspects of the job including the scope of the project and the technical aspects of the work. You will also assist with the preparation of financial statements and applying GAAP.
As your career progresses you will also supervise Assurance Associates, prepare a detailed budget for each person involved in the engagement, and assist with coordinating meetings with the client and other members of the client service team.
From day one you will be responsible for inspecting clients’ financial records, compiling and analyzing data, preparing detailed accounting reports, and proposing solutions to technical accounting research issues.
- Hold a Masters’ in accounting or a related field.
- Be a CPA or progressing to pass the CPA exam and become licensed.
- Be a problem solver, who can think creatively and critically and display intellectual curiosity.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong proficiency with risk-based audit methodologies and capable of using audit software.
- Have 2-4 years of recent public accounting experience, preferably with a large local, regional, or national firm.
- Be entrepreneurial minded.
We started in 1985 and have grown to nearly 100 tax and audit professionals today.
Our tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients’ business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. Excellent resources are available through our alliance with BDO, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals.
Finally, we offer a compelling total rewards package that includes great base pay and bonus opportunity. Our benefits include employer-sponsored health insurance (with an employee contribution), company paid long-term and short-term disability plans and life insurance, unlimited time off, company-sponsored professional development through BDO, half the cost of gym membership, company-provided cell phone, and more.