About Our Company
From a six-person firm started on January 1, 1985, in Salt Lake City, WSRP has grown to be one of the largest and most respected CPA firms in Utah with over 100 staff and 17 Partners. Based on our history, we understand the needs of both large and small businesses. We offer a broad range of expertise in traditional audit and tax services as well as business consultation. With clients across the globe, we take pride in our success and know that it is due to the incredible capabilities and talents of the team of professionals at WSRP. They are highly motivated individuals who are dedicated to outstanding client service.
Job Title: Assurance Manager
As an Assurance Manager at WSRP you will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day duties of audit planning, fieldwork, and “wrap-up” to completion of engagements, including the preparation of financial statements and disclosures, the application of GAAP as necessary and the documentation, validation, testing, and assessment of control systems. You will also act as the client point of contact for questions and information. You will also be involved in performing and reporting on reviews, compilations, and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
What You Will Do:
- During audit busy season (January to April), this position will require you to work up to 50 to 60 hours a week.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to Audit Associates and Senior Associates throughout the planning, field work and wrap-up stages of an audit client engagement, and direct and review results.
- Ensure engagement profitability.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of Audit Associates and Senior Associates, throughout the year.
- Advise clients on various economic and regulatory risks within the industry.
- Draft financial statements. Resolve accounting issues and ensure new accounting standards are being implemented appropriately by clients.
- Apply GAAP and GAAS consistently within complex situations.
- Write technical consultation memos on GAAP and GAAS issues.
- Document, validate, test and assess various financial reporting control systems.
- All other tasks as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- Active CPA license
- 5 or more years of experience in public accounting, with preferably one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures including planning and coordinating various auditing procedures.
- Strong knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Yellow Book, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong ability to multi-task while working independently and within a group
- Detail-oriented, especially in a demanding environment
- Ability to handle sensitive financial and client information
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools
- Must have bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Up to 5-10% of your time may include travel for customer visits, meetings, or other work-related events
Benefits of Joining WSRP:
- Unlimited PTO (with some blackout periods)
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid life insurance and short term and long-term disability coverage
- Dependent Care Assistance Plan
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Paid professional development and memberships (including annual firm and audit department offsite trainings)
- Allowances for phone plan and gym membership
- Sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities to be mentored by accounting professionals with years of experience
- Above-average pay
- Easy freeway access, close to TRAX, and FrontRunner
- Free parking or $50 towards a FrontRunner pass
- Dessert trucks every month to celebrate birthdays
WSRP offers a compelling total rewards package that includes great base pay and bonus opportunity.
Our Competitive Advantage is Our People
We have created a framework to continuously grow our teams to expand their knowledge. We believe that a segmented development approach, coupled with individual attention, is the best way to build a top-performing firm. Our leadership development framework consists of increasing our competencies in six areas, and we achieve this through training, mentoring, on-the-job learning, and stretch assignments.
- Salt Lake City, UT
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.