As an Assurance Associate at WSRP you will utilize your educational background to serve the firm’s dynamic client base. You will have the opportunity to work on various audit areas, including cash, accounts receivables, inventories, fixed assets, accounts payable and accruals. Working independently with more experienced team members will provide you with direction and the coaching necessary for advanced learning opportunities. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Working with assurance software applications
- Assist in engagement risk assessment procedures
- Interact with clients and conduct interviews to gather assurance related information
- Develop professional relationships with clients and obtain an understanding of processes
- Preparation of financial statements and applying GAAP
- Documenting work completed by preparing workpapers
- Hold a Masters’ in accounting or a related field (or be in progress of receiving a MAcc).
- Be a CPA or progressing to pass the CPA exam and become licensed.
- Be a problem solver, who can think creatively and critically and display intellectual curiosity.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Be entrepreneurial minded.
We started in 1985 and have grown to nearly 100 tax and audit professionals today.
Our tax partners and professionals pride themselves on understanding our clients’ business strategy and needs, providing a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet those needs. Excellent resources are available through our alliance with BDO, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals.
Finally, we offer a compelling total rewards package that includes great base pay and bonus opportunity. Our benefits include employer-sponsored health insurance (with an employee contribution), company paid long-term and short-term disability plans and life insurance, unlimited time off, company-sponsored professional development through BDO, half the cost of gym membership, company-provided cell phone, and more.